|« Pulling Strings: For classical music in Chicago, you got a guy - July 2013||A.V. Fest/Hideout Block Party Lineup Announced »|
Contest Wed Jul 10 2013
You've got the rest of this week and next to hydrate, buy some comfortable shoes and some high SPF before heading out to Pitchfork Festival next weekend in Union Park. Three day passes have been sold out for a few weeks, but you can still buy single day passes for $50 each day here.
We at Gapers Block are no stranger to procrastination, and so we're sure a few of you kept meaning to get a pass, letting it slip your mind until it was too late. Or maybe you've had to budget this festival season, picking and choosing only select festivals to attend this year. And some of us are just flat out broke. Whatever the reason, if you haven't got ahold of a pass yet, there is still time for Gapers Block to hook up a few more lucky readers. We'll have a three day pass to give away at our Hot Dog Cook Off at Schubas this weekend. If you aren't a fan of tubular meat (for shame!) you can enter to win a pair of three day passes by participating in the Gapers Block Music Scavenger Hunt!
The scavenger hunt will take you around the city to some of our favorite Chicago music moments and landmarks. You have until now to Sunday at 7pm to play along. Want to explore the city a bit and throw your hat in the ring to win two weekend passes? Check out the rules and scavenger hunt clues after the jump.
- All final entries must be submitted and completed by 7pm, Sunday July 14th.
- Tag all your entries on twitter with #gapersfork so we can watch your adventures in real time.
- Don't have twitter? Have no fear. E-mail us at email@example.com by 7pm, Sunday July 14th with a link to where your pictures can be found online in order to enter. Make the subject line "Pitchfork Scavenger Hunt."
- The entry with the most clues completed wins a pair of three day passes to Pitchfork Music Festival!
- If there is a tie, Gapers Block will determine the winner based on creativity of entries.
- Winner will be notified Monday, July 15th. And who knows, we might share some of the awesome photos from the hunt here on the site.
1. Take a photo of yourself in front of the location where you would be shopping for records if you were in the movie High Fidelity. Bonus points (in case of a tie) if you are holding up a copy of the movie.
2. Take a photo outside of the store where Jan Terri and her friends shop with her little brother. Hint: It's around the 1:50 mark in this video. (PS watch the video, it's amazing)
3. Take a photo in front of Wesley Willis's favorite McDonalds location.
4. Take a photo anywhere on the Pitchfork Festival grounds. Just make sure it is visible that it is Union Park.
5. Remember Lounge Axe? Whether you do or do not, take a photo in front of the old location.
6. Head to a record store, any record store. Find an album from a 2013 Pitchfork Festival artist, and take a photo with it. You should probably go ahead and buy something and support awesome Chicago record stores while there too.
7. Pitchfork artist El-P and Killer Mike are teaming up with a beer company to make a special Pitchfork Festival limited edition beer. Take a photo with some beer from said company.
8. Here is the free pass easy item; take a photo of yourself in front of your favorite Chicago venue. Say why it is your favorite in your photo description.
9. Take a photo under the marquee of the venue that shares both the honor of being featured in the movie High Fidelity and where The Rolling Stones have played before.
10. Take a photo in front of your least favorite Chicago venue, holding up your own personal Pitchfork rating for said venue. Negatives don't count, lowest score is 0.0, highest is 10.0
Have any questions or comments? Just leave them below and we'll make sure to get you an answer. Happy Hunting!