|« Overheard Illustrated: "Must Know"||Tuesday Open Mic Kicks Off This Month at Gorilla Tango »|
News Tue Feb 01 2011
The blizzard that is moving in on us at the moment is causing several cancellations and closures in the art world today and tomorrow. Here's what we have so far:
- The Art Institute closed at 2pm today and will be closed tomorrow, so the Peter Fischli artist talk scheduled for tomorrow at 6pm has been canceled.
- The MCA closed at 2pm today and will be closed tomorrow.
- Steppenwolf has canceled their shows tonight and their matinees tomorrow.
- Goodman Theatre's Wednesday, February 2 Performance of the Trinity River Plays has been cancelled.
- Tonight's Chicago Symphony Orchestra performance with conductor/pianist Mitsuko Uchida has been rescheduled for Monday, February 7, at 7:30pm. Wednesday's performance by the Cleveland Symphony Orchestra will go on. More info at CSO's website.
- UIC's Gallery 400 is closed today as of 2pm, and so the Eileen Myles lecture scheduled for 5pm today was postponed. If you plan on viewing Kerstin Honeit: Ambiguity is My Weapon or Bless This Mess in the next two days, call them ahead at 312-996-6114 to find out their open hours.
- Curating the Turn salon at threewalls has been rescheduled for Feb. 8 at 7pm.
- Drawing Club tonight at Peanut Gallery has been canceled. Peanut Gallery artists and friends will be participating in a giant midnight snowball fight tonight at Palmer Square, instead.
Please comment on this post with information about other cancellations. The Great Chicago Blizzard of 2011 may have won the battle this week, but art will win the war. Maybe. Or maybe everyone will continue to move to L.A.
Just kidding. Chicago pride 4eva.