|« Sitcom Cast Change Countdown #8: A Death in the Family||Art, War, Tolstoy & Tamales »|
Call for Artists Wed Sep 07 2011
If you are a minority choreographer, The Joffrey Ballet has exciting news for you--a call for artists--with a chance to be one of the recipients of the Choreographers of Color Award. The award, now in its second year, is designed to heighten awareness of the work of minority choreographers.
A synopsis of the guidelines is as follows:
- Applicants must be age 18 and up.
- All choreography must be original work.
- The completed work must last 10-12 minutes.
- Interested applicants must complete the online application, submit a letter of interest, a 5-minute or less DVD of their choreography, a headshot and curriculum vitae with 3 references. Note: There is no submission fee.
- All material must be mailed to: The Joffrey Ballet, Attn: Choreographers of Color Competition Selection Committee, 10 E. Randolph St., Chicago, IL, 60601.
- The application deadline is October 1, 2011; all winners will be notified by November 1, 2011.
Of the applicants, three choreographers will be selected and will be given a minimum of 30 hours to rehearse with Joffrey Academy Trainees. The winning choreographers will each receive a $2,500 stipend, along with an opportunity to work directly with Ashley C. Wheater, Joffrey Artistic Director, and Academy Artistic Directors, Alexei Kremnev and Anna Reznik. Also, performances of the new works will be at various venues, including the Joffrey Tower and the Harris Theater for Music and Dance throughout the 2011-2012 season.
For more information on the Joffrey Ballet Academy Trainees or other programs, please visit joffrey.org/academy.