|« "Gin and Tonic Bandit" Strikes again –– and Gets Caught.||Creamy and Dreamy in the Loop »|
News Wed Apr 04 2007
• Paul Virant, of Vie in Western Springs, was named one of Food & Wine Magazine's Best New Chefs.
• The Tribune has launched a foodblog of their own: The Stew.
• Dish confirms that Pasteur, the beloved French-Vietnamese restaurant, will be closing so the owners can concentrate on their newer places, Simply It and Viet Bistro. No closing date was given.
• Also from Dish, Bobtail Ice Cream is having a "Birth of a Flavor" contest. Stop into one of their stores and submit your suggestion for a brand new flavor by April 30th. You can also enter to be one of the judges of the five semi-finalists on May 3. The final winners — one kid flavor, one adult — will debut on Mothers Day, May 13.
• Ever wonder what the "LTH" in LTHForum stands for? Pay close attention in this dim sum round-up on Hungry Mag and you'll see that Michael Nagrant reveals the secret. (I hope that doesn't get him in trouble.)