|« Blue Ruin||Summertime in a Sandwich »|
News Tue May 22 2007
I've been saving up some of the opening announcements and coming-soon sign observations we've seen recently.
• Not sure if it's a sign of gentrification quite yet, but a Starbucks opened up at Howard and Western this weekend. The Dunkin Donuts across the street matched it giant inflatable coffeecup for giant inflatable coffeecup.
• Whole Foods Boystown is close to opening; job fairs for the Halsted and Waveland store start June 13.
• The long-anticipated Crust, America's first certified all-organic restaurant, is scheduled to open this Thursday. Expect a mob scene.
• Sweet Occasions will be opening a new shop at Bryn Mawr and Kenmore in mid-June. The new location will have party rooms in the basement.
• Veggie Bite, the South Side vegan fast food joint, plans to open a location near Clark and Diversy later this summer.
• Evanstonians may be interested in Uber Burger, which opened Monday; LTH has the opening moment review.
• Zagat Buzz has an extended list of June openings in the city and suburbs.