|« Likeable, Edible Pizza!||What Is Caramel Made Of? And Condensed Milk? »|
News Tue Aug 21 2007
• In our continuing Pinkberry coverage, it looks like we'll have one of the buzzworthy frozen yogurt places sometime next year. By then, though, we may no longer care: Competitor Red Mango will be open in Evanston, Naperville and Lincolnshire before the end of the year, with more stores to follow, and a local challenger, Starfruit, is under development by Morton Grove-based Lifeway Foods based on the company's kefir product. The first Starfruit store is expected to open at 1745 W. Division next month.
• Crain's Entrepreneurs in Action profiles Metropolis Coffee's Tony Dreyfuss.
• The Sun-Times' Jump2Web calls this list "Cool Coffee Shops." To me, it looks like a list of nearly every independent coffee shop.
• Michael Nagrant interviews The Violet Hour's Tobey Maloney.
• Hot Doug's is closed a bit longer than usual for summer vacation due to Doug suffering a broken leg on a camping trip. The encased meat emporium reopens on the 28th.