|« Dine Out for a Good Cause||Who Will Win the Golden Clog? »|
News Wed Feb 20 2008
• Schwa has reopened, and reports are trickling in. Reservations remain difficult, mostly due to a full voicemail box, but you may be surprised to get a call back from Chef Michael Carlson himself. The Stew's Chris Borrelli went last Friday and was surprised to find the restaurant empty. Chris LaMorte has a review and some tips on the BYOB dilemma. (Related: Michale Nagrant's take on LaMorte's post, and some heated discussion of Phil Vettel and Monica Eng's interview with Carlson over on LTH Forum.)
• Lots of "Top Chef: Chicago" news, too. The Stew learns about some locations and challenges, while The Watcher has a load of video clips. Not to be outdone, Chicagoist offers up video profiles of the three Chicago-connected competitors, Valerie Bolon, Dale Talde and Stephanie Izard. The new season debuts March 12.
• The Sun-Times dug through its archives on its 60th anniversary and came up with an interesting food snapshot of the city through the decades.
• Mike Sula follows up his Omnivorous column on Korean soup at Chodang Korean Village with some supplements on the Food Chain -- video from Chodang's kitchen and a visit to H Mart for green tofu.
• Also in the Sun-Times, Chuck Sudo visits BJ's Market & Bakery in Chatham.
• Joelen's Culinary Adventures take her to Ethiopian Diamond and Kukulu Market, an Ethiopian grocery across from the restaurant.
• Chicago Foodies suggest you try cooking with a tagine.
• Lychee bubble tea cupcakes... weird, but worth a try?
• And speaking of unusual, how 'bout a round lasagna?
• Wow, that's some cake. There's a lucky teenager out there somewhere.
• Happy first birthday to My Vegetable Blog! We're practically the same age!