|« Fruit-infused vodkas||Eating on the Empire Builder »|
News Thu Aug 28 2008
• Meanwhile, Dish tips us off that Sweet Occasions in Andersonville has closed (end of column). The branch under the Damen Brown Line stop shuttered soon after that station closed for repairs, and the long promised Bryn Mawr location never opened.
• I tried to stay away from the ruckus currently being raised by an off-handed comment from ABC7's Steve Dolinsky on ChuffPo, but the drama was too great. Dolinksy's dig on publications that publish first-day/week reviews of restaurants got him in hot water with Time Out's David Tamarkin and MenuPages. The 312 Dining Diva came to his defense a little, then said Tamarkin's just jealous.
• While Tamarkin's at it, he takes on New York Magazine, too.
• This Chicago Gluttons review of San Soo Gap San is hilarious, because it's true.
• Dejamo's Distracted, but can still show us the proper way to cut corn off the cob.
• Mmm, brisket. Too bad it's in Texas.
• Fresh Squeeze reminds us that City Farm sells direct to the public, not just high-end restaurants, on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays.
• Centerstage has a list of Labor Day Weekend deals for you.