News Wed Sep 10 2008
The best $30 hot dog you'll ever buy, courtesy of Delicious Design League.
• Is Between Boutique Cafe & Lounge's Radhika "Rad" Desai a contestant on the next season of "Top Chef?" [via]
• Andrew Zimmern (of "Bizarre Foods" fame) interviews Grant Achatz. [via]
• Foodporn: Apples and other veggies at the Wicker Park Farmers Market.
• This ad on the Near West Side for a Brazilian-distilled (but NYC-owned) cachaça leans more toward the porn end of the foodporn. How soon do the protests start, you think?
• Michael Nagrant gets inside the Urban Belly.
• 312 Dining Diva lets us know The Bristol opens September 18, and that blue "Barack Attack" sushi will appear at Ra on Friday. Er, yum.
• The Obama cookies we told you about last week have a McCain counterpart. Biden and Palin are on their way.
• Misty Tosh loves pozole, and thinks you should too.
• Missed this last week: The Tribune details a new exhibit at the Museum of Science & Industry called "Fast Forward ... Inventing the Future," which includes technology by Chef Homaro Cantu. [via]
• Chicago Bites visits West Town Tavern with the Local Tourist.
• Having had the Malai Kofta at Bhabi's Kitchen back when it was still a secret special, I can vouch personally for how tasty it is. Now you can get it any time you like.
• Sky Full of Bacon discovers that
Andersonville's Bowmanville's Pizzeria Calzone also offers Mexican food but, strangely, no calzones.
• Hungry Z reviews C-House and gives it an A.
• Alinea at Home, "from the same nutjob who brought you the award-winning French Laundry at Home." Coming soon as she received her copy of the cookbook, I imagine.