|« Starfruit Loves You||The Pumpkin Directory »|
News Wed Oct 22 2008
• Chef Mindy Segal has put her chef de cuisine, Mark Steur, in charge at HotChocolate. Interesting.
• The Stew's Chris Borelli checks out newly opened Province.
• Busy food week at Chicagoist. Foodporn at MK, the aforementioned mulefoot dinner, Epic Burger, a look at Beer of the Week bottlecaps, the Bucktown Apple Pie Contest, Province opens, and demystifying Bouillabaisse and consomme.
• Busy week at Hungry Mag, too: a report on "Detroit-style" Steve's Deli and memories of a New York Deli, a review of an indie rock cookbook, a recipe for French-baked Vidalia onions, and Nagrant finds ways to cut down his food costs.
• Nagrant also likes the mole at Real Tenochtitlan so much he'll eat it with a bare bone. That's making the most of a meal.
• Did you know Vie serves a "secret hamburger" on Friday nights? More importantly, did you know you could get a $5 dry-aged burger at David Burke's Primehouse until Friday?
• MenuPages Blog shares advice on how to land a reservation at a tough-to-get-into restaurant.
• Plenty to agree or disagree with on the Chicago Traveler's top 10 Chicago pizzas list.
• Zagat Buzz's best coffeeshops list might be slightly less controversial.
• Chicago magazine grills Jimmy Sneed on the Front Burner.