|« Champagne Shopping with Fox & Obel||The Twelve Days of Christmas: Day 7 »|
News Thu Dec 18 2008
• The Stew's Christopher Borrelli loves The Meatloaf Bakery, despite the ludicrous prices.
Chicago Mag has The Bristol's Chris Pandel on the Front Burner,
Tweet/Big Chick's INA's Ina Pinkney's take on comfort food: it's not just about the food.
• Mmm, bacon.
• Tales of restaurants past: Schlogl's and its literary roundtable.
• Hotel restaurant news: 312 Dining Diva gets some early info about Chef Scott Walton's Market House in the Streeterville DoubleTree Inn, while Dish talks to Todd Stein, who's opening a couple places in the yet-to-open theWit in Gold Coast.
• Edibility tells you where to get your snobby foodstuffs.
• Dining Examiner points to places to eat while holiday shopping.
Drink links after the jump.
• Does your tolerance go down as you get older, or do you just binge drink less?
• An ode to Canfield's Diet Chocolate Fudge soda. (Can't say I share the enthusiasm.)
• Just Grapes Wine Blog finds one nice thing to say about Rod Blagojevich: at least he made it easy for Illinoisans to buy wine.
• There is indeed dissonance reading "Qu'est-ce que C'est" at the beginning of an explanation of horchata and tamarindo, but that's just what the post series is called.
• Chicagoist's beer of the week is Flossmoor Station's Collaborative Evil.