|« Food and Film Meet the Screen||M Burger Secret Shakes »|
Openings Mon Aug 23 2010
1. Tom and Eddie's is a new gourmet cheeseburger joint opening in Lombard with locations set to follow in Deerfield and Geneva.
2. A concept from Tom Dentice and Ed Rensi, former bigwigs for McDonald's, the restaurant offers up All Natural Angus beef burgers among other menu items like chicken sandwiches, soups and salads.
3. Doors open to the public on Friday, Aug. 27, at 10am at The Shops on Butterfield at Yorktown Center, 203 Yorktown Shopping Center, Lombard, Ill.
4. Beginning at 10am, on opening day only, a name will be drawn every nine minutes to win a free burger meal weekly for one year.
5. At 9pm one winner will be chosen to win a free burger meal weekly for life.
6. In addition, for the first nine days of operation any guest who is "dressed to the nines" in formal wear (a tuxedo or evening gown) will receive a free meal (entree, side and drink). Business wear is not eligible.
7. We're not done yet. The restaurant's nine signature burgers will be featured, one a day, for the first nine days the restaurant is open. Trying to watch your waistline? Three of the nine are signature Lean and Green burgers: Islander (Ahi tuna), Yin & Yang (edamame), and Town & Country (turkey).
8. Wonder how they taste? To make sure their menu is up to par, Tom and Eddie's served entrees to 1,200 taste testers over the course of eight weeks using the kitchens of the Culinary Arts Program at College of DuPage in Glen Ellyn.
9. Still picky? The "Me, Myself and I" burger allows customers to create their very own sandwich from a menu of 41 different items including cheeses, toppings, sauces and rolls.