As of January 1, 2016, Gapers Block has ceased publication. The site will remain up in archive form. Please visit Third Coast Review, a new site by several GB alumni.
✶ Thank you for your readership and contributions over the past 12-plus years. ✶
Thursday, March 30
If you haven't made it off the front page of GB in awhile, here're a couple articles worth making an effort:
• A/C: Why Washington Square Park is called "Bughouse Square."
• Book Club: Meet comic book cover artist Jenny Frison.
• Drive-Thru: Windy City Blogger Wednesday profiles Food on the Dole.
• Transmission: Preview the Hideout's annual SXSW send-off party.
• Mechanics: Why we shouldn't be surprised Illinois is in a budget crisis.
• Tailgate: Rick Telander talks about sports stardom, the Web and playground hoops.