|« Avoid the French Fried, Artifically Sweetened, Blue Hot Dog!||Ras Dashen: Ethiopian Specials »|
Restaurant Tue Mar 25 2008
Men.Style.com, the "Online home of Details and GQ," has posted an article on the 15 best breakfast restaurants in America. Unsurprisingly, Lou Mitchell's makes the list. I have a special place in my heart for Lou Mitchell's because it was the first place I encountered the incredible combination of apples and cheddar cheese as a kid (in one of their omelets). However, I think any resident could name half a dozen better choices for breakfast in the city. These lists always make me wonder if some author just did a Google search to write the article...
The full list after the jump.
Details magazine picks the 15 best breakfast restaurants in America:
1) Becky's - Portland, ME
2) Florida Ave. Grill - Washington, D.C.
3) Barney Greengrass - New York, NY
4) Hominy Grill - Charleston, SC
5) Al's Breakfast - Minneapolis, MN
6) Mei Lai Wah Coffee House - New York, NY
7) Lou Mitchell's - Chicago, IL
8) Square One Dining - Los Angeles, CA
9) Sunrise Biscuit Kitchen - Chapel Hill, NC
10) Taco Taco Cafe - San Antonio, TX
11) Cafe Des Amis - Breaux Bridge, LA
12) Canteen - San Francisco, CA
13) Simpatica Dining Hall - Portland, OR
14) Kelley's Country Cookin' - Houston, TX
15) Charlie's Sandwich Shoppe - Boston, MA
Has anyone been to these restaurants? What did you think?