|« Farm Bill is almost Law||Market Report »|
News Wed May 21 2008
• Today is National Waiters and Waitresses Day! Don't forget to tip.
• Fox & Obel may be one of the tenants in the Carson Pirie Scott Building, if they can find a way to merge modern grocery with historic, protected architecture.
• The Violet Hour's Toby Maloney tells stories about mean-ass bouncers he met in his early days over on eGullet.
• Chuck Sudo explores whether the glass really does make the wine.
• Sidewalk seating for bars might be a future possibility. In the meantime, you still gotta order food.
• The Food Chain updates us on the Whole Hog Project.
• Centerstage has a list of grown-up kids' foods. (Hopleaf's CB&J, yum!)
• The Reader's Omnivorous covered the Southern Foodways Alliance's search for the origins of the mother-in-law sandwich last week, and the Sun-Times has a story today. Coincidence? Conspiracy? Nah, just good PR; they hit us up, too.
• Mike Nagrant talks up Johnnie's Beef in Elmwood Park at Serious Eats.
• Zagat Buzz offers up a Memorial Day Weekend Planner for foodies.