|« Mmm, Midweek Links||Cooling Summer's Heat from a Hot Kitchen »|
Random Wed Jul 16 2008
When it's hot out like today, why not treat yourself to thick, cold vegan ice cream or smoothie? Below are some of my favorite sources.
• Karmers on Wabash in the Loop has Temptation vegan ice cream by the scoop, either on the sidewalk or inside available by asking at the counter. I hear that you can also find the locally made Temptation by the scoop at Brown Cow Ice Cream Parlor in Forest Park, and Heavenly Gelato & Ice Cream in Logan Square.
• Fresh fruit smoothies at Soy Organic in Pilsen.
• Ice cold and smooth vegan shakes are at Veggie Bite in Wicker Park and Beverly.
• Chicago Diner makes some of the best vegan shakes, served in a tall glass.
• Vegan ice cream on cones at Just Indulge in Wicker Park.
• Sorbet at Ruth & Phils Gourmet Ice Cream in Lincoln Square.
And a few places I've been meaning to try:
• I've seen smoothies being made weekend days on a table out front Crespo's at North Avenue at Leavitt.
• I've heard about a new juice and smoothie shop at 2246 W. Armitage, apparently serving up wheatgrass shots and carrot apple ginger juice.