|« Organic Schmanic||Bon Appetit: Chicago »|
News Wed Dec 10 2008
• Possibly the most useful post you'll read today: The MenuPages Guide to Making It Out Of A Tasting Menu Alive. Also applies to holiday buffets!
• Centerstage was prescient with this list of political hangouts. Now you know the best places in town to eavesdrop.
• The Stew's Monica Eng gets first bites of Chickpea and Mantou in Wicker Park, and tests McDonald's latte-making abilities. UPDATE: TOC reports that Mantou is already closed, a month after it opened.
• Hopleaf's plan to buy La Donna's space for a new Mediterranean restaurant is dead, Crain's reports. (Did Andersonville really need another Mediterranean place, anyway?)
• Chicago Gluttons try to conquer all-you-can-eat king crab night at Glenn's Diner.
• Yep, Lincolnwood's New York Bagel & Bialy makes the best bagels in Chicago.
• Antica Pizzeria gets Neapolitan pizza right -- it's just too bad that's all they get right.
• Can't afford to leave town? Zagat Buzz suggests a staycation.
• Decider confirms, to no one's surprise, that the Rock'n'Roll McDonald's is a tourist trap.
• Obama is not a foodie, but his wife might be.