|« Sarcasm & Strangeness in Groupon Copy||Food Fight at Milwaukee & Logan »|
Recipe Mon Sep 20 2010
1) Begin making this apple pie recipe, but don't read the entire thing. You'll find out too late that even though you were planning on making a crumb-topped pie, this is a double-crusted version.
2) Try to make the stupidest fix ever by putting a crumb topping on it anyway, because you might as well add more sugar and butter at this point;
3) Curse loudly when the liquid overflows the flimsy aluminum pie tin, causing it to splash onto the base of your oven and make the smoke alarm go off as acrid smoke fills your kitchen;
4) Get out a casserole dish and dump the entire mess into it. Refrigerate covered. Go to bed mad.
5) The next morning, clean out your now-cooled oven with a caustic (but effective) cleaner.
6) Bring out the mess, cover it with a second pie crust that broke in its packaging when you picked it up at the store (and you bought it anyway). Bake for one hour at 350. It will be a congealed, browned mess of indistinguishable apples, butter and sugar. But no one is the judge of you; eat it anyway.