|« Blanco To Return in 2009||Not a Bull Market »|
News Sat Jan 10 2009
- Now that the Blackhawks have put hockey back on the local map (yeah, for some it never left), say hello to the Chicago Steel, Chicago Bulldogs, Chicago Hawks youth hockey and the Chicago Blues police hockey. We assume you already know about the Wolves.
- Will radio success equal TV success? The Monsters of the Midday are about to find out.
- A Cubs fan still can't get over the loss of Mark DeRosa.
- The 35th Street Review gives you 10 things to watch for in Chicago baseball, 2009. Meanwhile, the Sox Machine is looking for good relievers on the cheap.
- On his way out the door, President Bush names a member of the Fire to his Council on Physical Fitness.
- Snow on the ground? Cold? So what. Start thinking running.
- The Chicago Bandits celebrate their 2008 championship next Friday, then greet their fans on Saturday.
- An ex-Chicago cricketer is now making his mark in Seattle.
- Da Bears Blog lists the only three good things about this season's team.
- Bear legend Dick Butkus (not to be confused with bupkes) announces the winners of his annual national college lineman award next Tuesday.
- The local high school basketball playoff picture begins to take shape, the Derek Rose Shootout brings the best in city prep hoops under one roof and one local school hopes to derail the top team in the country.
- Bulls legend Michael Jordan talks about his shoes. Well, not exactly his shoes, but THE shoe.