News Thu Sep 24 2009
- Will he or won't he? President Obama may go pitch Chicago's bid for the 2016 Olympics afterall (with Arne Duncan in tow). But, as everyone knows, Oprah has the last word.
- Whither goest thou, White Sox? Kenny Williams is trying to figure that out.
- Milton Bradley says he's sorry. Does anyone care?
- Cubs fans disillusioned by the outcome of this season can take a look back at the 1984 team. Not that the outcome then was any better, but still...
- Seattle's T.J. Houshmandzadeh says he has something to prove when the Seahawks meet the Bears this Sunday. Meanwhile, the Bears seek to establish the running game. But if wide receiver Johnny Knox continues his ascent, we can wait a little while.
- Mixed martial arts star Fedor Emelianenko is coming to Chicago in November. Take appropriate action.
- And you find yourself...riding a bike down Michigan Ave. Musician David Byrne talks about his cycling fixation and cruising around Chicago.
- Boxer David Diaz brings it back home this Saturday.
- If you're participating in the sixth annual Salmon Classic this Sunday at Northerly Island, use this as inspiration.
- The Chicago Fire prepare to honor another Chicago soccer team who weren't too shabby themselves in their day.
- Late Chicago Olympian Willye White has a new park named in her honor.
- The Big Ten football season kicks off this Saturday and while other teams discuss strategy for their upcoming opponents, Northwestern's gridiron gang has different concerns on their mind.
- The Chicago Outfit close out their 2009 season this Saturday at the Windy City Fieldhouse. Get pumped up for the contest by checking out the cool video below.
The Chicago Outfit - The Latest Show Ever from Spencer M. Rohan on Vimeo.