|« Dex Romweber Duo @ Abbey Pub, 7/9/10 (and a contest)||Preview: Great Performers of Illinois 2010, 7/9-7/11 »|
Album Thu Jul 08 2010
From blues to jazz to post-rock, we are a city filled with a rich musical history that can compare to no other. What is even more important are our personal histories, stories and memories. The Metro for many of us is a strong part of what helped shape our formative concert going years and a place where we still create memories and recall some of the best shows of our lives.
That history is now documented in a benefit compilation entitled Metro: The Official Bootleg Series, Volume 1. The compilation includes live tracks from local favorites The Alkaline Trio, The Sea And Cake and Tortoise as well as The Decemberists, Guided By Voices and Sleater-Kinney. The album will be available July 22. All profits from sales of the CD will be donated to Rock For Kids, a local non-profit which provides music lessons for underprivileged youth in Chicago. Advance copies of the CD will be available at the Rock For Kids booth at the Pitchfork Music Festival next week. For $20 you can grab a piece of the past, what makes a huge part of our lives and possibly hear yourself cheering in the background.
Metro: The Official Bootleg Series, Volume 1:
1. The Flaming Lips: "Race for the Prize"
2. Guided By Voices: "Fair Touching"
3. Sleater-Kinney: "You're No Rock 'n' Roll Fun"
4. The Decemberists: "We Both Go Down Together"
5. Indigo Girls: "Galileo"
6. Alejandro Escovedo: "I'll Follow You Down"
7. The Sea and Cake: "Jacking the Ball"
8. Tortoise: "Along the Banks of Rivers"
9. Alkaline Trio: "Radio"
10. Billy Corgan, Jimmy Chamberlin and Kurt Elling: "Freedom"