|« JC Brooks & The Uptown Sound Are True "Up and Comers"||Review: Billy Bragg @ Old Town School of Folk Music, 6/22 »|
Blog Fri Jun 22 2012
This week was "Too Hot," don't you think? Yeah.
- Next Wednesday is the deadline to enter Mucca Pazza's "Thought Bubble for a Mucca" contest. Prize includes a Safety Fifth CD, a t-Shirt and a tote bag. See the contest details and post your "thought" on Twitter or Facebook.
- Fake Shore Drive has a video of Kids These Days covering Kanye's song "Flashing Lights." The band plays Schubas at a Lollapalooza pre-party on August 2.
- DJ Chrissy Murderbot plays a rare Saturday night show in Chicago at the Kioku Lounge at 2130 S. Wentworth Ave. this weekend. Starts at 10pm ends at 3am. Free beer from 312 from 10-11pm. Custom photo booth. Learn more on Facebook.
- Don't forget you have to buy tickets to see the big acts at the Taste of Chicago this year — July 11-15, 2012.
- No, that's not some fever dream, it's an animated Wilco alongside Popeye in a music video for "Dawned On Me." The band plays Kane County Cougar's Fifth Third Bank Ballpark on July 8, 2012 along with Andrew Bird.
- A Beastie Boys tribute show is on the calendar for July 2 at Lincoln Hall.
- Churning out the...hits? R. Kelly owes the IRS a boatload of money. So naturally he's putting out a new album and a book this month.
- Grab JC Brooks & The Uptown Sound's '45 for "I Got High" when you go see them at Fitzgerald's on June 30.
- You might have heard a version of this bit on This American Life. Tig Notaro and her Taylor Dane story. Still laughing.
- Grab the entire "world punk" band Firewater's catalog via Bloodshot Records in September. There's also a geocaching campaign to go along with the release. That's right. Geocaching.
- The history of boogie woogie.