|« Valerio Tricoli and the real Art Of Noise(s) at Lampo||Preview: Ty Maxon @ The Hideout 3/29 »|
Pitchfork Music Festival Thu Mar 28 2013
As the sun peeks out, temperatures rise, and Chicago begins to thaw out from the winter, we're reminded that our favorite time of the year is around the corner; summer festival season.
One of our busiest weekends is Pitchfork Festival, which is personally a favorite in my book. It has always been to me the perfect size, the perfect mix of new and old artist to check out, and a great relaxing weekend to enjoy quality music with friends.
We've had a lot of great memories at Pitchfork Festival, and we want to make sure our readers make even more come July 19th. We've got a three-day pass to give away today, and all you have to do is leave a comment below with your favorite memory from the festival (make sure to provide your correct email address so we can contact you.) If you win, you could be lounging as our guest this year in Union Park. We'll pick a winner from the comments at 5pm today, and contact them via email, so get cracking! [Update! Thanks for all of these amazing entries. We've contacted our winner. Congrats to Andrew!]
Need some inspiration? My own personal top five memories are after the jump.
1. The entire field screaming at the top of our lungs like we were being eaten by a whale during The Decemberists set the first year of the festival.
2. Watching the over-the-top explosion of sound, booty dancing, and Chinese dragon that Major Lazer brought to the stage in 2010.
3. Dancing with my friends in the back of the field during LCD Soundsystem's amazing set, their last (festival) show in Chicago before they called it quits.
4. Seeing Sonic Youth perform their iconic Daydream Nation live.
5. Interviewing Big Boi right before he took the stage, shaking at how surreal it was to be talking to a person who's music I blasted in my car all through high school.