Blog Fri Oct 16 2009
A bit of what's been going on elsewhere online this week:
- A.V. Club Chicago asks Jeff Tweedy to react to comments about him on the Internet.
- Big Rock Candy Mountain goes all weak in the knees over Chicago band Cococoma and their luscious pink vinyl record.
- The Deli Chicago has the line (and a video) from a DA reunion on Chic-a-Go Go.
- More in video is on Fake Shore Drive with local hip-hop artists Kidz in the Hall on Mark Bazer's "The Interview Show" which also begs the question: Why isn't there any hip-hop at The Hideout? Or any, really?
- Jim DeRogatis has the line on a fledgling band called Ideamen hitting the Beat Kitchen later this month with their newly minted album.
- Loud Loop Press has it that Pelican will play an in-store show at
Reckless later in the month, but more importantly, they'll debut a new "Pelican Burger" at Kuma's. Congrats, fellas! You've arrived.
- And I totally missed the recent announcement of Kid Sister's long-awaited (and awaited) debut album release. Ultraviolet drops 11/17 and you can be at her show at the House of Blues to celebrate on 11/25. Tickets $16-$18.